Tuesday, October 26, 2010

City Folk

the trail ends here

Whenever I get visitors out here, it is a great excuse to visit the National Park and other area sights and also put my visitors to work. Earlier in the week, my friend Chad from Austin made a return trip to scout out land in the area. He also helped for a day on the dome. Stuccoing is more fun with a friend. On the other days, I have MPR to keep me company as well as podcasts and Pandora.

Then on the weekend, my sister showed up with 3 friends. We went for a hike in the Chisos, and they didn't do too badly for city girls who were recovering from two nights in Marfa. I made sure that they were well hydrated. We had a grand old time.




Today, I worked solo with MPR keeping me informed about the happenings in the world. I talked to Don on the phone and he let me know about a new idea that he had for a huge ferrocement water container that will also be nice to look at when compared to the plastic cisterns that are all over around here. Don loves to start new projects. He can use a small team to help him finish them though. Any volunteers?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great photo. At first glance it looked like they were in water.