Monday, March 21, 2011

SWTX

So, like last year, and the year before, I chose SWTX over SXSW (the much hyped annual music fest in Austin, TX). And glad I did. It is not only a magnificent time of year for Spring weather here in the Big Bend, but there is also heavy tourism, and thus, a built in audience for a songwriter like me. They are the right kind of crowd, one that listens and buys records. Over the last week, mostly from record sales, tips, and the guarantees from the venues, I have raised enough money to pay for my Amtrak pass for my tour by train this Summer. Not a cheap ticket.



Over the weekend, I drove a 230 mile circuit from Terlingua to my show in the Chisos Mountains in Big Bend to another show at the Gage Hotel in Marathon, TX, and then back home. Here are a few pictures...





Jon Sufficool and his disciples planting trees the right way in Marathon, TX.
The progress on one of Don Bryant's domes at La Loma del Chivo in Marathon, being finished out a completely different way.

Whenever I perform at the Gage in Marathon, TX, the chef makes me a surprise vegetarian dish. 
The beans are jumping in the 'garbage patch', the garden that we planted on Don Bryant's land.
My best attempt at capturing the Super Moon with an iPhone rising behind Casa Grande in Big Bend


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new dome look on Don's frame.. I got a tour of Don's place once but did not get to meet him. Your pictures are great, my sunset pics never look that good.

trevor.reichman said...

Thanks. The sunset picture is a panorama of 5 separate photos.